Thursday, July 16, 2009

Newest addition to our family.

Boyd and I have been married now for a year and a half, and we are proud to announce.. drum roll please..... that we have a washer and dryer!! They arrived yesterday as if they were heaven sent. There are many things we love about our new apartment, and one of them is the washer dryer hookups. My lovely sister provided us with the washer and my parents got us the dryer. While many of our best memories come from the hours spent at a "laundromat" (I never understood why its laundrOmat and not laundry mat), we are not sad to put those days behind us. I have already done three loads of laundry and have actually enjoyed it. I thought I would list a couple of the things I will NOT miss about the laundromat..

1. Having to load and reload your laundry in and out of the car multiple times.
2. Having impatient strangers take your wet laundry out of the dryer and throwing it on the floor. (because for some reason their time and laundry is more important than yours)
3. Getting to the laundromat and realizing you forgot the detergent, or even worse your quarters.
4. constantly having to search for quarters.
5. pumping quarters into a dryer only to find out the dryer isn't pumping warm air, and in fact not drying a thing.

Those are just a couple reasons, but trust me.. I could go on and on. Thank you Kim, Mom and Dad for upgrading our quality of life!



Here is a pic of the newest members of our family...



My dad and Boyd putting in the dryer


A picture of Boyd and me celebrating our newest milestone.. our first washer and dryer.

7 comments:

Dandy said...

I think getting a washer and dryer is a rite of passage. We have empty hook ups in our apartment but someday, someday we'll fill those empty spaces in our lives.

Congrats!

Annie said...

I remember when I worked all those crazy hours at Pat'n'Oscar's then had to go to the laundromat on my day off!!! Hated that! Such great news to have your own in house. Congratulations!!! It is truly well deserved;)

Holly & Matt said...

Lucky!

Kimberly said...

lets name your first washer bowey bowers. Then the name will be taken and you won't have to waste it on a cute little baby bowers. That was for your expose on my seashell that you left on my facebook page. :-)
love you.

jeny said...

oh-I still remember the day I got my first W & D. Blessed days! Congrats! You new place looks heavenly....compared to the old one ;)

Ronnie said...

Congrats! I remember when we got ours...it was such a warm and fuzzy feeling being able to throw something in at midnight because I needed it the next day. Sigh...I'm so happy for you.

Ronnie said...

Sorry...this is Sam and not Ronnie...