Boyd and I have been married now for a year and a half, and we are proud to announce.. drum roll please..... that we have a washer and dryer!! They arrived yesterday as if they were heaven sent. There are many things we love about our new apartment, and one of them is the washer dryer hookups. My lovely sister provided us with the washer and my parents got us the dryer. While many of our best memories come from the hours spent at a "laundromat" (I never understood why its laundrOmat and not laundry mat), we are not sad to put those days behind us. I have already done three loads of laundry and have actually enjoyed it. I thought I would list a couple of the things I will NOT miss about the laundromat..
1. Having to load and reload your laundry in and out of the car multiple times.
2. Having impatient strangers take your wet laundry out of the dryer and throwing it on the floor. (because for some reason their time and laundry is more important than yours)
3. Getting to the laundromat and realizing you forgot the detergent, or even worse your quarters.
4. constantly having to search for quarters.
5. pumping quarters into a dryer only to find out the dryer isn't pumping warm air, and in fact not drying a thing.
Those are just a couple reasons, but trust me.. I could go on and on. Thank you Kim, Mom and Dad for upgrading our quality of life!
Here is a pic of the newest members of our family...
My dad and Boyd putting in the dryer
A picture of Boyd and me celebrating our newest milestone.. our first washer and dryer.